🔕 🔔

57044eea 99a7 4ad4 ab7e 36fa00996010  img 1754

And photo #4. They all seem to have gorgeous purple flowers

asked by Kitchen Butterfly about 7 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

KB, I'm looking on all sorts of plant sites for you and I think it's a perennial flowering plant called CENTAUREA DEALBATA (PERSIAN CORNFLOWER). Sure is pretty! I don't think it's edible, though. CHeck this out:

http://davesgarden.com...

C405edfb eff8 43c8 8d2a 9c901ad00568  ozoz bw january2014

Thanks drbabs. I've not eaten any of them which I have even the slightest doubts about since my investigations began!

It's a Caryopteris, probably Caryopteris x clandonensis, though I've not heard of that plant having culinary uses. The bloom structure of Centaurea dealbata is different, and it blooms earlier in the summer.

Other images of caryopteris are at http://www.google.com/images...