🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Don't Hold The Anything Breakfast Bread Pudding

6f83465b 1fc5 46d9 b4af 9417e1d88739  6473759923 e0e392a58b z

I have a question about the ingredient "sage leaves" on the recipe "Don't Hold The Anything Breakfast Bread Pudding " from Patty Cake. Is there a good substitute for the sage leaves? I don't have access to fresh sage.

asked by Patti Cake over 6 years ago

Hilarybee

If you don't have sage, you could omit it altogether. I like thyme and think it is a nice flavor enhancer and I think it would go nicely with the flavors in this recipe. Rosemary would be a nice choice too, which can bridge sweet/savory recipes nicely.

Patti Cake

Dear Hilarybee,
My question should have had an addendum: would any dried herbs be acceptable in place of the fresh? If so, should I soak them in water, perhaps, to revive the flavor?
Thanks again,
Patti Cake

I agree with Hillarybee - I toyed with using rosemary initially instead ... it's strong though so use it with a light hand ...