🔕 🔔

What do you do with rabbit parts? Recently purchased a rabbit to cook in a paella and found it contained the liver and heart, etc. Don't want to discard but don't know what to do with them. They're waiting in the freezer. No cat or dog in our home.

Meg is a trusted home cook.

asked almost 7 years ago

7002ebae 186f 4382 8a5c 45cb4bd5877b  2 11 016

So nice of you; you beat me to it! Why not just sautee them in butter and have a little snack?

Ddd52943 cdf0 4edb a2d4 73aa286607f0  399571 2853636453848 1694221275 n

Are you using the whole rabbit in the paella? If you're not, I found a couple of recipes that call for them, maybe you can halve or even quarter a recipe if you have rabbit left over.
http://www.epicurious.com...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/food...

Damn, I would chop them up and saute them as part of the sofriget for the paella.

Per TiggyBee's comment, one of the only things the British are good at is using those parts. May I introduce you to Sir Haggis (lamb lights and oats), one of the world's oldest sausages.

8bbce907 3b5e 4c8c be5c c64e6c780d63  birthday 2012
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

Thanks!! The rabbit is gone, but I can probably use a rabbit substitute and one of Tiggy Bee's references. Don't have any lamb lights but who knows what the future might hold?