🔕 🔔

What is the best way to make beef jerky in a dehydrator? Other good dehydrator recipes?

asked by angiegeyser almost 6 years ago

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

Last summer dehydrated 25 pounds of pears (tastes like candy) 50 pounds of tomatoes and lots of butternut squash. Also dehydrate hot peppers and then grind them up - amazing flavors. Make crackers all the time.

Vegetable and sauce leathers make fantastic salad, sandwich and soup garnishes. You can also make your own garlic or onion powder with a dehydrator. 10x the flavor of the store bought stuff.

Dice onions and dehydrate and they are ready to go when you cook.

For jerky, slice lean beef thin, season the way you want and go for it.

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

You're making me want to go up in the attic and pull out a ancient and inferior Ronco dehydrator I inherited but rarely used. With the low humidity weather this time of year here, it might actually work.

Sam, I hope you do, I know you will come up with some amazing recipes. I have an Excalibur 5 drawer with temperature control. Don't go for the one with automatic turnoff. Had this for 4 years and it has more than paid for itself. Just love it.

Wholefoods user icon

If you're on Facebook, you might like to join the Dehydrating Way Beyond Jerky group: https://www.facebook.com...