🔕 🔔

Thawed chicken breasts....

Late Tues. pm, I put chicken in the fridge to defrost. Long story short, got really busy and both Wed. and Thurs. dinners were derailed.
Hopefully will have time to cook them this afternoon...but are they still safe?

According to the USDA, 'Once the raw chicken thaws, it can be kept in the refrigerator an additional day or two before cooking.' A little vague - does my time-frame seem to comply? (They smell fine - but I normally cook meat as soon as it's defrosted, so not sure if that's any gauge.) Would hate to toss them, but serving family toxic waste is never a good idea.

asked about 5 years ago
1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

Okay, good. Figured it was probably okay, but better to err on the side of caution. Thanks!

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.