🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Sweet Corn Soup

735d39fd e522 4377 afec b96b6f579268  finished soup blog 231

I have a question about the recipe "Sweet Corn Soup" from Oui, Chef. what if corn is out of season can you use frozen and how much

asked by souper over 5 years ago

1092e3ce 8609 42f1 b585 d109bffdd179  yum

Corn is one of the few vegetables in which frozen is almost as good as fresh. We use frozen in most recipes because it is more convenient. Use the same amount as you would fresh. You don't necessarily even need to thaw it; just extend your cooking time.

7de1be53 97f2 4599 9d8c 718bbeec2110  steve dunn02

I don't see why not, though I would strongly urge frozen over canned. Most frozen veggies these days will substitute nicely for fresh, and corn is no exception. Hope you enjoy it. - S