How do you get a quick bread out of the loaf pan when it is stuck to the bottom?

It is zucchini bread and the pan was greased with cooking spray prior to baking.

• Posted by: emmers
  • December 30, 2011

hardlikearmour December 30, 2011

If it's not fully cooled, let it cool so it firms up a bit. Run a thin knife around the edges, then slide a thin pancake turner down each side, and gently try to pry it loose. Turn the pan over and give it a few good knocks. Worst case is part will be stuck and your loaf will come out in pieces. In future, try a layer of parchment in the bottom of the pan.

drbabs December 30, 2011

Ugh. Try sliding a silicone spatula between the bread and the edge of the pan all around, and gently work it under the edges where the sides meet the bottom. If you work slowly and carefully, you may be able to loosen it without causing too much damage. Good luck!

emmers
emmers December 30, 2011

Thanks so much for the tips. I was able to slip a a firm yet flexible plastic spatula down the sides and slightly under the bread all the way around. It worked like a charm with very minimal damage to the sides and bottom of the bread! Thanks again!!!

drbabs December 31, 2011

yay from me too!

hardlikearmour December 30, 2011

Yay!