🔕 🔔

Recipe for rotisserie chicken

asked by pal almost 6 years ago

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

Ahhhh, rotisserie chicken is by far the best way. IF on an outdoor BBQ is the heat source at the back or bottom burners. If the back do not use the bottom burners, only the back. If you are using bottom burners make a drip-catch tray to prevent flareups.
I sometimes pop an onion or apple or lemon or orange in the cavity. I start cooking, close the lid and the go back 10 minutes later and sprinkle with s&p and a liberal dose of Old Bay ,... Spices are your choice.
Should take about an hour. IF you are putting on a BBQ sauce do that for the last 10 minutes to prevent burning.
Rather than take it off the BBQ and tent to let juices soak back in I simply turn off the burner and let it spin around another 10 minutes - the juices stay in, redistribute, and you will never fail to make a great meal.

D0173249 cab8 44c1 85bf d0ccf9fe275d  006

Rotisserie chicken on a cold winter day is one of my favorites. I sprinkle with a little salt and fresh cracked ground pepper. Cook to around 165 degrees and let rest for 15 minutes. I like to serve whole on a platter with some great mustards and a bottle of Bordeaux.

Wholefoods user icon

How about some peruvian style chicken.
1 Tbs. redwine vinegar
2 Tbs. ground cumin
salt and pepper to taste
3 Tbs. mashed cilantro.
combine and marinate then cook until crisp and juicy.