🔕 🔔

Slow cooker chicken stock - carcass or chicken parts?

I would like to make chicken stock to freeze and would like to use my slow cooker. I have seen recipes that use just the carcass and ones that use chicken pieces like thighs, etc. Which is the best option when making it in a slower cooker ... carcass or pieces?

asked by pianogirl almost 6 years ago

B1ff7c6d 1bd4 41c2 a1a7 c1080efe383f  cathybarrow allrecipes e 2014
MrsWheelbarrow

Cathy is a food preserving expert and author of Mrs. Wheelbarrow's Practical Pantry: Recipes and Techniques for Year-Round Preserving.

Either way, but if you are using raw chicken it's nice to roast the pieces at 450 for 20 min or so. This will make your stock rich in tase and color