🔕 🔔

Freezer burned chicken

I have some boneless skinless chicken in the freezer that's gotten pretty significantly freezer burned. I think it's about 8 months old. Is it useable? Is there a particular way to use it that would be more likely to be successful?

asked by missb503 over 5 years ago

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

Toss it. No point running the risk of illness.

10f6ca3a 89d4 45b3 8d00 83a30d1d49a1  2016 04 19 07 56 08

Freezer burn is not unsafe. But it does degrade the meat. See this attached link for more info. If you want to use it stew it or make soup. It won't have enough moisture to withstand baking or grilling. http://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech...

Thanks for the link! Maybe I'll try it when I have a back-up plan.