Freezer burned chicken

I have some boneless skinless chicken in the freezer that's gotten pretty significantly freezer burned. I think it's about 8 months old. Is it useable? Is there a particular way to use it that would be more likely to be successful?

asked by missb503 almost 7 years ago

bigpan

Toss it. No point running the risk of illness.

jaxcat

Freezer burn is not unsafe. But it does degrade the meat. See this attached link for more info. If you want to use it stew it or make soup. It won't have enough moisture to withstand baking or grilling. http://www.loc.gov/rr/scitech/mysteries/freezerburn.html

missb503

Thanks for the link! Maybe I'll try it when I have a back-up plan.