🔕 🔔

How much salt and pepper per pound of uncooked meat for Swedish meatballs? Please help spice impaired wife not home.

asked by MarcusV over 6 years ago

What else are you putting in the meatballs? If there are no salty ingredients, I'd probably go with about 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 3 or 4 good grinds of pepper, per pound of meat, and then season the sauce to taste toward the end of the cooking. ;o)

Madalvpen

As a Swede, brought up on meatballs, all I can say is you need more salt than one might think. I would say close to 1 tsp per pound of meat. And the secret to excellent, authentic Swedish meatballs is a pinch of white pepper and a mix of ground beef and ground pork. Good luck!