🔕 🔔

Medium heat

Exactly how hot is medium heat in a frying pan? Just switched to stainless steel and I keep smoking up my kitchen.

asked by CameronBrauer over 5 years ago

Depending on what type of oil you're using, I would probably go for number 3 to 4, or just under half way on your knob.

1e78f34c 0999 4079 bd2c c519a9101b4a  stringio

Depending on your pan, if it has an aluminum layer, it will disperse heat more evenly and quickly than anything else u might have used. So medium for a pan like this would be more like between low and medium on you stove knob. When you get into higher end nicer cook where you should never have to cook with your heat higher than medium on your stove top

120fa86a 7a24 4cc0 8ee1 a8d1ab14c725  me in munich with fish

It's all relative. Depends on your stove, your pan, how long you preheated your pan, etc. I think you just have to cook with your new pan until you get the hang of it.