A question about a recipe: Dan Barber's Braised Short Ribs

Bd9d58a4 cc9c 4679 85a1 bacc43995ba3  5349824048 0f7d18165a z

I have a question about the recipe "Dan Barber's Braised Short Ribs" from amanda

Hi Amanda my question is do you leave the lid on the Dutch oven while the ribs are cooking in the oven?

asked by Mazzack over 6 years ago

davidpdx

Hi Dan. I have made the Dan Barber Short Ribs (Thanks Amanda!) and they are delicious. Yes; the ribs braise in the oven in a covered pot. Here is the excerpt from the recipe:

3. Add the light brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, tamarind paste, and bay leaves. Pour in the Madeira and red wine. Add enough chicken broth to just cover the ribs. Bring the liquid to a boil, then cover the pot and transfer to the oven.

davidpdx

(Sorry; had "Dan" on my mind. Should be "Hi Mazzack!)

Mazzack

Thank you David next time I will read a bit more closely :-)

Thanks davidpdx for hopping in and answering -- I was at a dinner party! And Mazzack, hope you like the recipe!