🔕 🔔

How long do I roast a 4lb chicken for?

asked by Chris82 almost 6 years ago

445e20c3 ae7c 4384 a5f7 c63a3b70db4d  img 2825

I generally roast at 425 for between 50-60 mins. And then let it rest for 15 mins

48dd002c 4c45 4b84 8006 ac8614d467cd  dsc00859 2

there are several ways to check for doneness: an instant-read thermometer (test in more than one place--from experience!) should read 165º (some say 170); pierce with a skewer in breast meat to see if juices run clear/yellowish, no trace of pink; jiggle the legs, should be a little loose; and my favorite: lift carefully w/tongs to allow juices to drain in the pan. If they are still pink, roast longer. Having roasted my way through many chickens (about 1 per week), I usually run more than one test and the last really works well--for me anyway.