🔕 🔔

How long to roast a 4lb stuffed pork loin?

I am making a 4lb stuffed pork loin roast (a combination of recipes). It calls to grill it but I am planning on roasting. Suggestions on how long and at what temp? 350 degrees at 20 min a pound?

asked by Pamcakes101 over 4 years ago
Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

Yes, that sounds right -- I'd maybe consider cooking it at 375 for better browning, and start checking it at an hour just to be sure you don't overcook it.

79ca7fa3 11e3 4829 beae d200649eab49  walken the walk

It's better to ask "to what internal temperature". With an instant read thermometer that should be 140F. The reason is that no two ovens are calibrated exactly the same, and I don't care what it say's on the oven dial. It's done "when it's done". My pal and unindicted Food52 consiprator ChefOno and myself both agree on that principle. Weight to time is a good starting point for having the beast out on time but the internal temp is critical.