How long to temper chicken

Hi, I'm trying to figure out how long to leave a whole chicken out to bring to room temperature before roasting. How long can a 5 or 6 pound chicken stay out of the fridge before it's dangerous?

asked by Dalila 10 months ago

I take chicken out one hour before but from what I recall two hours maximum. Bacteria builds up quickly.

PHIL
PHIL

PHIL is a trusted home cook.

Why wait? By the time you clean it and prep it for the oven it will be warm enough. I am not sure why you need to warm it up to room temp, I never do. I am curious what others say. You may want to spatchcock them if you want to lessen the cooking time if that is your goal.