🔕 🔔

Sesame/peanut noodles

I'm looking for a stellar recipe for sesame or peanut noodles....I'm thinking along the lines of cold sesame noodle appetizer that some Chinese restaurants have. I've tried quite a few and haven't hit on quite the right one, so I thought I'd see if anyone had any favorites! Thanks!

asked by MTMitchell over 5 years ago

I like these.
http://thepioneerwoman...

C45c94a0 2e08 45bf a73c 4235d1b3c4bb  image

I make them slightly different every time because I lost my recipe from a job I had many years ago . But it is very similar to this: http://www.nytimes.com...
I add a few splashes of fish sauce and thin slices of red and yellow bell pepper and sometimes chopped cilantro. And I use maple syrup in lieu of sugar because it was in the original recipe I had, and I think it helps the dressing stay emulsified? I don't add cucumber and peanuts... scallions are good...
The great thing about sesame noodles is that you can throw all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk it together and adjust everything until you get it right. Regular linguine works well if you can't get Asian [wheat] noodles, but don't use [buckwheat] soba because the whole thing turns into one mushy mass.