I have a recipe for chinese noodles that call for both sesame oil and roasted peanut oil. I have never heard of the latter. Does anyone know about t

Does anyone know about this roasted oil. Is there a substitute. Can it be omitted. Thanks!

asked by Helen Drezner over 1 year ago

Most stores carry roasted peanut oil, even Walmart, and Amazon has some good quality buys. Of course you can omit it, and you will be giving up the peanut flavor. Peanut oil has a 450 F smoke point, and sesame oil has a 405 F smoke point. Just take that into consideration in your recipe. You can substitute corn oil, which has the 450 F smoke point also.