Can I freeze peanut sauce?

Made a batch of peanut sesame noodles tonight and wound up with way too much peanut sauce. I'm wondering if it will freeze OK, since it'll probably be a while before I'll want to use it again.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

asked almost 6 years ago

Yes, should work fine -- and if you think you'll have enough to use the sauce a few times over, you can freeze smaller amounts in ice cube trays or other small containers, then pop them out once frozen and store in a zippered plastic bag. Much easier (and safer) than chiseling out only the sauce you want, or defrosting and re-freezing excess.

Kristen W.
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

Great idea to portion it out ahead of time -- thanks!