🔕 🔔

Can I freeze peanut sauce?

Made a batch of peanut sesame noodles tonight and wound up with way too much peanut sauce. I'm wondering if it will freeze OK, since it'll probably be a while before I'll want to use it again.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

asked almost 5 years ago

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

Yes, should work fine -- and if you think you'll have enough to use the sauce a few times over, you can freeze smaller amounts in ice cube trays or other small containers, then pop them out once frozen and store in a zippered plastic bag. Much easier (and safer) than chiseling out only the sauce you want, or defrosting and re-freezing excess.

F83774ec c18a 46a4 8dff 00877f15aed6  image
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

Great idea to portion it out ahead of time -- thanks!