Does anyone say "I'll wash, you dry" anymore? Or was that just a cozy-up line from yesteryear?

asked by bugbitten over 6 years ago

Mostly air dry here, but there are some things that a re-wash and hand dry in the morning, because they look better when they're buffed a bit.

bigpan

We say "I'll load, you unload".

bugbitten

Exactly! But is this a dying art?

Well I am still alive doing it. And my daughter is doing it. And maybe when she marries and has children they will do it....perhaps I put it in my will as a condition.

bugbitten

Perhaps AntoniaJames could draw up the documents.

Our pediatrician told my mother that letting the dishes air dry was a healthier choice, back in the days when drying was the practice. My mother was thrilled to follow the doctor's advice.
But I do remember the wash and dry marathons at family Thanksgiving dinners when we had real dishes, glasses and silverware 26 (as the grandchildren arrived). And all the serving dishes, baking and roasting dishes too. A major undertaking, but fondly remembered.

wutztgc

Still happens at my house nearly every night.

I'm not sure my wife and I would have it any other way.

bugbitten

Nice to hear that.

Esther Plume

I Wash, and he dries! It doesn't happen every day, as sometimes air drying is easier, but washing and drying provides an opportunity to have a talk about the day, and plan things that we might not talk about otherwise. I dream of a dishwasher though!!

bugbitten

You sound quite happy. Please don't tell your husband that you dream of that old boyfriend, even if he is only a dishwasher.

a Whole Foods Market Customer

In our house it's more like, "I'll cook, you clean up!" But we trade back and forth regularly.

bugbitten

I think that's where most people are on this.