Was planning on grilling my artichokes, but tomorrow is a spare the air say and it's illegal to use charcoal barbecues. Suggestions? No stuff

asked by kayfhg almost 7 years ago

LornaFarris

I always love the classic steamed artichokes but you could always broil them in the oven...

MsMa

BBQing is allowed on Winter Spare the Air Alert days in the SF Bay Area.

http://sparetheair.org/Make-a-Difference/Spare-the-Air-Every-Day/Winter/Winter-Spare-the-Air-FAQs.aspx

WendieW

Roast them! Prep as usual (trim, etc.) Place each on a square of foil. Drizzle with olive oil, lemon, and if you like, stick a clove of garlic inside. Close up foil and roast at 425 for about an hour, depending on size.

kayfhg

Thanks, everyone - I wound up using a grill pan and they came out great. I appreciate your suggestions.
We barbecue with charcoal, And the spare the air alert says that burning anything outside is not allowed. I'm pretty sure that includes charcoal, but I will investigate further.
Kayfhg