🔕 🔔

If I don't have lemon, may I used orange in a lemon tart recipe?

I saw a super fast five ingredient lemon tart recipe from you guys that call for: lemon, butter, eggs, super fine sugar, and vanilla to the food processor

asked by Lily,Sheng almost 6 years ago

Does it just use the juice and zest? If so, I would have thought it would be fine, but you might not get the zing that a lemon one would have.... You could use limes (or a mix) if you had them too....

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

Lazy Mary's lemon tart? I've made that one with an orange and it's great. Not as zingy, as Esther said, but still delicious. Try adding a little cardamom (if you like it). I also think that would be great with a chocolate crust.

58aa8d62 e38b 4f9b a82e 70e8d5e28a9d  fb avatar

Yes, Lazy Mary's Lemon Tart! It called for lemon wedges with skin in the blender! I think I'm going to use orange flesh and zest, maybe holding the sugar as it's not as zingy as a lemon. Thank you so much!

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

Sounds delicious! What a great recipe that is.

516f887e 3787 460a bf21 d20ef4195109  bigpan

Yes, use orange or lime or grapefruit - simply change the name when you announce it to your guests..."presenting ... orange tarts!". Everyone will applaud and only you know that you substituted.

Thank you for all the encouragments, you guys are the best! I made it with orange and a few drops of lemon extract, it was pretty decent. Can't wait to make it with lemon, got some shopping to do!

0ac82178 8cca 49c8 8af8 0f67b750a047  temp 0003