If I don't have lemon, may I used orange in a lemon tart recipe?

I saw a super fast five ingredient lemon tart recipe from you guys that call for: lemon, butter, eggs, super fine sugar, and vanilla to the food processor

asked by Lily,Sheng over 6 years ago

Esther Plume

Does it just use the juice and zest? If so, I would have thought it would be fine, but you might not get the zing that a lemon one would have.... You could use limes (or a mix) if you had them too....

Lazy Mary's lemon tart? I've made that one with an orange and it's great. Not as zingy, as Esther said, but still delicious. Try adding a little cardamom (if you like it). I also think that would be great with a chocolate crust.

Lily,Sheng

Yes, Lazy Mary's Lemon Tart! It called for lemon wedges with skin in the blender! I think I'm going to use orange flesh and zest, maybe holding the sugar as it's not as zingy as a lemon. Thank you so much!

Sounds delicious! What a great recipe that is.

bigpan

Yes, use orange or lime or grapefruit - simply change the name when you announce it to your guests..."presenting ... orange tarts!". Everyone will applaud and only you know that you substituted.

Lily,Sheng

Thank you for all the encouragments, you guys are the best! I made it with orange and a few drops of lemon extract, it was pretty decent. Can't wait to make it with lemon, got some shopping to do!