🔕 🔔

7df25050 c11a 4106 88b5 e77fef90a10c  fb me

This is purely a matter of taste preference. You won't "hurt" the recipe by leaving it out and not substituting another extract. I may suggest sticking with one of the citrus extracts if you really want to add this ingredient.

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

I vote for almond too, and a smaller amount of it. A drop of coconut (as long as it's high quality exttact) could also be good.

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

I'm with A&M on this one, and think a 1/4 to 1/2 the amount of almond would be lovely with the lemon. I'd also consider doing a second version with lime instead of lemon and coconut instead of vanilla - but I'm crazy like that! Spicesetc has a really nice coconut natural flavoring. Alton Brown also has a recipe for homemade coconut extract that is really nice (and could make a great little cook's gift).

27deb974 3b33 4f19 b966 dc79321a31b1  photo for web

I will try the almond. Thanks for coming to the rescue!