What can I substitute for anchovy filets

2011 August food and wine recipe chicken breast with anchovy basil pan sauce

asked by Tina Z over 6 years ago

ATG117

From the recipe name, it sounds as though the anchovies are an essential component. You could use anchovy paste. But if you are opposed to anchovies, I would find another recipe.

Miss Julia Cooks

Yeah, I use a different recipe. Anchovies lend an unctuous and fairly distinct quality. You could do a chicken breast with lemon, basil and caper sauce....

bigpan

Anchovies give a great distinct taste that is so Mediterranean. To keep the Mediterranean salty taste try chopped olives or capers.