🔕 🔔

What can I use substitute for Greek Seasoning?

asked by Paula long over 5 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

Do you mean a mix of spices called Greek seasoning? I would use some oregano, garlic, some citrus like lemon zest. I don't know what you are making so its a little difficult. Maybe someone here has some other idea's.

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

If you don't have Greek seasoning, combine dried oregano, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and lemon peel, to your own taste. --according to Lydia at www.theperfectpantry.com. In other words, what sdebrango says.

79ca7fa3 11e3 4829 beae d200649eab49  walken the walk

So called "Greek seasoning" like "Italian seasoning" (or worse, "pizza seasoning) is one of those terms that doesn't mean anything. The commerical stuff is mostly dried oregano. You can make your own fresh version with garlic and lemon zest and of course salt and pepper. Just don't be intimidated by the idea that there is some boilerplate concoction. I hate recipes that are written with instructions like that.