🔕 🔔

Can you use Greek yogurt in yogurt pancakes?

I want to make yogurt pancakes, which from recipes I've seen appear to be buttermilk pancakes with yogurt subbed in with a little milk added to even out the consistency of the batter. I've never tried using Greek yogurt before, but it's all I have. Can I do a straight substitution? Should I add more milk?

asked by Scriwi over 4 years ago

Yes, you certainly can. Be sure to start with a recipe which calls for buttermilk, as it will also include enough baking soda to neutralize the acid in both buttermilk and greek yogurt. Mix all the ingredients together, and if the consistency seems thick, as it likely will, thin it out with some milk, adding a couple of ounces at a time. Try out some test pancakes until you get the ideal consistency and result. Sounds great!