🔕 🔔

I made the recipe, Greek Inspired Zucchini Pancakes. Can I substitute goat cheese for feta?

I want to use a less salty cheese.

asked by themissingingredient about 6 years ago

62da2e3c 5d4a 4c43 a2ed feb7f39ad363  with ab

Hm...I had a lot of goat cheese when I was in Greece, so I know these flavors go well. If the feta is served on the side, I would say you can absolutely sub. However, if the feta is being used in the recipe, be careful...it's a much harder cheese and goat cheese would perform differently if being cooked.

1d0d675a 5598 44a5 865e 32730d2a1273  186003 1004761561 1198459 n

I think this is my Greek Style Zucchini Pancakes. You could probably use any semi dry pebbly white cheese that could be mixed into the batter without being too soft and runny. I used Greek feta because of the tradition, the texture and because my recipe did not add any salt , the salt from the feta was enough.