A question about a recipe: Grilled Flank Steak with Asian Green Sauce (Shiso, Miso, Daikon & Pear)

4c3733c5 3739 48eb 8a7f 1811c0cd0e9d  img 7309

I have a question about step 1 on the recipe "Grilled Flank Steak with Asian Green Sauce (Shiso, Miso, Daikon & Pear)" from gingerroot. It says:

"START ONE DAY AHEAD:
Dust both sides of steak with salt. Roll steak and place in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight."

asked by Laura Kremser almost 7 years ago

Nozlee Samadzadeh

The steak is tightly rolled into a cylindrical bundle to let the salt thoroughly permeate all surfaces of the meat. This make the rolled meat easier to store -- instead of keep a large flank steak flat in your refrigerator -- and helps with moisture loss.