What are good vegan foods

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer almost 7 years ago

Use the search at the top right of the page, enter vegan. You will find many many fantastic vegan recipes.

Good vegan foods are vegetables, nuts, fruits, grains, herbs. A good place to start is a raw food cookbook. Lots of good ones and a good starter is Raw Food Made Easy For 1 or 2 People by Jennifer Cornbleet. Please make your own and don't waste money on processed food that says 'Vegan" on the label. Recommend you stay away from soy as that is 95% GMO. What you are going for is unprocessed and whole without dairy.

Forgot to add oils - coconut oil, hempseed, olive oil. Fow whole foods don't forger olives, saurkraut, pickles, avocados...
The context for eating vegan is there is more you can eat and explore than what you can't eat.