what is half and half?

9343c2d7 2f68 45db b008 c34097861d23  2017 0118 crispy salt and pepper french toast mark weinberg 227

I have a question about the ingredient "half-and-half" on the recipe "Crispy Salt and Pepper French Toast" from aliyaleekong.

asked by dalalg91 over 6 years ago

Half and half is half milk and half cream. Easy to find in the dairy section of your market. It's thinner than say, heavy cream.

Esther Plume

I think in the uk you would use single cream, or unwhipped whipping cream. I have to confess, I always shy away from recipes that have half and half in them as I'm not completely sure of what the equivalent is.... Would someone be able to say what the fat content of half and half is?

Summerlee

Half and half has a fat content of between 10.5 percent and 12 percent.