A question about a recipe: Crispy Salt and Pepper French Toast

9343c2d7 2f68 45db b008 c34097861d23  2017 0118 crispy salt and pepper french toast mark weinberg 227

Has anyone tried freezing this toast? I often whip up a big batch of pancakes & put the overflow in the freezer, to defrost as the craving hits. I would love to do the same with this toast. If no one's tried it, I'm willing to give it a shot & let you know the results. If you recommend against it, please let me know!

asked by Phoenix Helix about 5 years ago
253bf469 1fbf 4f08 a572 3dc09b33bb7c  aliya leekong 3a

Hi BlissfulBaker! Thanks for trying the recipe :). I would cook all of the way through and cool any leftovers on racks on baking sheets. Then, I would place the cooled french toast on a cookie sheet and place in the freezer for a few hours until frozen through (2-3 hours). Then, I'd place the pieces in ziploc bags and keep in the freezer for future use. I haven't done it for these, but I have for other versions of french toast I've made. They toast up in the toaster oven pretty nicely. Please let me know how it turns out!

D4c5edff febe 4140 85c4 23deac07d810  imag0027

The french toast freezes very well! As above, I cooled them, wrapped 2 triangles together in plastic wrap, then placed in a freezer bag in the freezer. I thawed them at room temperature, then popped them in the toaster...and they were ready to eat on the go! Of course, I slathered them in the siracha ketchup before biting into them...yum!