No mallet. How else to pound chicken breasts?

asked by coralwisp over 6 years ago

lloreen

Try a full wine bottle...but don't break it on your countertop! Or you could use a rolling pin....

Matt Sz

I (carefully) use the bottom of a heavy pint glass.

The bottom of a heavy cast iron skillet. A small one if you have it.

ahstone

Should have been clearer. Use the rolling pin like a mallet, not a roller.

angiegeyser

Agree with Sam, I use a small cast iron skillet.

Terryann

I know this is a strange method but it works for me and you only have to visit a hardware store I I bought a rubber mallet washed it throughly and now it's my best utensil. It will flatten even the thickest cutlets, just use wax paper onto and pound very gently you don't want to break the cutlets. Hope this helps!

I've successfully used the bottom of a small, heavy pot. Also, the side of a meat cleaver works.

vfrgurrl

I have a wonderful bird's eye maple rolling pin that does a much better job than my mallet. Wood rebounds much nicer and you get to hear the "bonk" as well.