I have a recipe that calls for 6 anchovy filets-(chopped) I have half a tube of paste-how much paste would equal 6 filets?

Making penne Alla Pizzaiola!

asked by fritter over 6 years ago

I am so an anchovy person, so I would suggest that you use the remainder of the tube. That said, with any seasoning, you can always add more, but it is difficult to take out too much. So start perhaps with a teaspoon of paste and go from there.

fritter

Thank you so much! I agree, I love those salty little guys. Went half of the half tube, would have done the whole thing next time. It needed that "umami" bump. bon appetit!

I agree on using the remainder of the tube. That said, anchovy paste should be your last resort. There's no substitute for good quality anchovies. I make caeser salads the old fashioned way, none of this egg-less, anchovy-less, soul-less nonsense. Anchovy paste is handy to have at the ready when you only need a tsp but otherwise...