Watermelon radish

Yesterday I lucked out and found some watermelon radish at a local place. I rarely see these beautiful things. Now I can slice them up on the mandoline aka Robespierre but I was wondering if anyone might have some interesting ways to use them.

asked almost 7 years ago

Panfusine

'robespierre' them,drizzle them with a spritz of lime, salt & pepper (or if your tastebuds are as wacko as mine, sprinkle some Indian chat masala) & scarf them down, they're too pretty to cook!

Panfusine, I'm inclined to agree with you. I don't want to lose that unique coloration. I also have blood oranges and medjool dates and a really, equally "wacko" idea is shaping up in my head. This is like the "Chopped" ingredients basket. Time starts now...

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

I salted some to make pickles. They are still in brine and yet to finish up but the prine and the pickles are a beautiful pink color. I'll keep you posted.