🔕 🔔

What do I do with a ton of watermelon radishes?

I thought I was buying really delicate and beautiful pink turnips (!!?!?) and bought enough watermelon radishes to feed an army. I love them, but just *one* sliced for salads/ breakfasts lasts me a long time. Ideas?

asked by ivalleria almost 4 years ago

You could pickle them, by themselves or with other vegetables.

67544da8 1862 4539 8ec8 2d9dfc2601bb  dsc 0122.nef 1

Grate them into whole wheat flour, make a dough for Radish Paratha

370dc7c5 5c33 4925 b09c b538b845584a  newthumbnailtwitter

wow! that's just the kind of strange challenge I like.

79ca7fa3 11e3 4829 beae d200649eab49  walken the walk

I love watermelon radishes too. This is my own recipe http://food52.com/recipes...
An old chef friend of mine opened her own restaurant and one of her minimalist plates for breakast was toasted whole grain bread smeared with avocado and topped with thinly sliced radish. I think watermelon radish could work wonderfully with that.
I'm going to planting my own quite soon.