A question about a recipe: Lemony Cheese Blintzes

88656d7b e14a 47af b469 6bd8f1d411d4  2018 0418 lemony cheese blintzes 3x2 ty mecham 018

I have a question about the recipe "Lemony blintzes

I used ricotta cheese, way too liqudey! Remedy would be to use farmer cheese or perhaps one less yolk?

asked by Screenplay almost 7 years ago

Kristy Mucci
Kristy Mucci

Kristy is an expert at making things pretty and a former Associate Editor of Food52.

The recipe calls for farmer cheese. When we tested them, we didn't have any problems with them being too wet. Definitely try them again with farmer cheese and let us know how they turn out!

cranberry

You can also drain the ricotta in cheesecloth for a bit before using it. That is our fix, but fresh farmer's cheese is tons better in blintzes - the flavor is different, as well as the texture. That was what my grandmother used.