🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Lemony Cheese Blintzes

D4b27b1d 6dbb 4900 984d bd88c28adb99  092711 food52 201

I have a question about the recipe "Lemony blintzes

I used ricotta cheese, way too liqudey! Remedy would be to use farmer cheese or perhaps one less yolk?

asked by Screenplay over 5 years ago

39c04017 7e7e 43b2 9344 e529de61a1bd  kandm
Kristy Mucci

Kristy is an expert at making things pretty and a former Associate Editor of Food52.

The recipe calls for farmer cheese. When we tested them, we didn't have any problems with them being too wet. Definitely try them again with farmer cheese and let us know how they turn out!

You can also drain the ricotta in cheesecloth for a bit before using it. That is our fix, but fresh farmer's cheese is tons better in blintzes - the flavor is different, as well as the texture. That was what my grandmother used.