A question about a recipe: Braised Moroccan Chicken and Olives

911657b7 99aa 46d2 94f9 7bdc529658ee  2015 0730 braised moroccan chicken and olives james ransom 359

I have a question about the recipe "Braised Moroccan Chicken and Olives " from Sonali aka the Foodie Physician. What wine would you suggest to pair with this? Any particular white or red suggestions? Thanks!

asked by Sagegreen almost 7 years ago

I like Rieslings with many Moroccan dishes. Imight also give
Gewürztraminer or Grüner Veltiner a try.

janixes

Red-wise, Zinfandel, it goes nicely with the spices, or if you find a Roussane, that's a lovely match for Moroccan.

janixes

You can never go wrong serving a Kabinett Mosel Riesling with North African and most Middle Eastern food. ;o)

Sagegreen

Thanks, everyone! I really appreciate all the advice. Looking forward to making this dish for the first time. I am sure it will be lovely.

Sonali aka the Foodie Physician

I would day a Riesling or Gewürztraminer- they would both work with the spices in the dish. Hope you enjoy the dish!