What's the real difference in quick-rise yeast and the other one

I making dinner rolls, and the recipe says 1 packet of yeast and I am assuming it is not quick rise yeast. But, the yeast that I bought says it's a quick rise yeast. Can use it although recipe does not say so. How much is one packet. I have a bottle of 4 ounce.

asked by PistachioDoughnut over 6 years ago

A packet of active dry yeast = 2.5 tsp. Recommendations I see use 1/2 the amount of quick rise yeast.

http://www.ehow.com/info_8147128_difference...

Answers there. It discourages the substitution you want to make. I assume that if you follow standard practices and observe the cues from the dough you will be successful.

Quick-rise yeast, is similar to Instant Yeast. The latter is a variety of yeast which has been bred and developed to activate and reproduce much more rapidly than conventional active dry yeast. If a recipe calls for "yeast," you can safely guess that it intends active dry yeast. Yes, the conversion factor between the two given above is perfectly accurate: is substituting Quick-Rise Yeast, use half the measurement given for active dry.

PistachioDoughnut

Thanks a lot! My first attempt to make dinner rolls was quite successful..