🔕 🔔

Best Ethiopian cookbook/recipe site?

A14cd661 c73e 4839 b4df 90e7789266e6  vegetariansampler

This past summer, I was introduced (and immediately became obsessed with) Ethiopian cuisine. I tried my hand at a couple Ethiopian dishes last night and I'm not getting the authentic flavours I've had at restaurants.

Can anyone recommend some good Ethiopian cookbooks/recipe sites? Also, I'm a vegetarian so I'm essentially looking for how to make anything included on vegetarian platters like the image I've included.

Thanks in advance!

asked by LaVoix over 5 years ago

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

I was privileged to spend a lot of time in Ethiopia and am in love with the cuisine. My go to web-site is
http://ethiopianrecipes...
For a book Marcus Sammuelson's book Sould of a New Cuisine: Discovery of Flavors is very good. http://www.amazon.com/Soul...

Don't know where you live, but many large cities have a large Ethiopian population. Shop in their stores and you can pick up the ingredients you need at less the price. Ask questions, Ethiopians are proud of their food and culture and love to share tips and recipes with you. Also, go to Ethiopian restaurants and ask for recommendations and ideas.

Enjpoy!