pumpkin?? want to make a soup

3baa1b7a 39ae 4608 9664 7eceef10f8ed  image dsc0014 1

what is the exact name for this vegetable .we call it pumpkin i want to add an excellent soup recipe to food52

http://www.flickr.com/photos...

asked by pauljoseph over 6 years ago

pauljoseph

Add your answer here

jmburns

It looks like a Kunitz sqush. I might be wrong it is hard to tell from the picture. Also, I might have misspelled it.

It looks like a Kabocha squash to me, not 100% but shape and color look pretty similar.

jmburns

That is what I meant. iPhone spelling correction drive me nuts

I know what you mean, my iphone does the same thing.

Most of the winter squash can be used in place of each other, so even if we have the name wrong, the soup would work fine. I also though to the Kabocha, though. Looking forward to the recipe! My squash is waiting.

It is great to hear from you pauljoseph. My opinon is the photo is of an acorn squash. The good news is that
any winter squash can be combined, and the best flavors come from mixing them, even with pumpkin.

And with spices from India they will be full of flavor.

How about "buttercup squash"? look for photos here -- http://www.goodsearch.com/search.aspx?keywords=buttercup+squash+photo