🔕 🔔

A cup (or so) of canned pumpkin

I have about a cup of canned pumpkin hanging out in my fridge remaining from a batch of pumpkin muffins. My usual uses for it would be to whip up another baked good or toss it into a root vegetable pureed soup, but I wanted to reach out to others and see what wonderful ideas are out there! Anyone used canned pumpkin in a curry of some sort? Any other recommended uses? Thanks!!

asked by byb over 2 years ago

Amy
Amy

I have a "mix" of lentils that has the onion, etc in it. You add chicken stock and pumpkin puree to make a soup. Could try using it to thicken a squash soup too! Mix it in your morning oatmeal with some cinnamon, brown sugar and pecans!

byb
byb

Ooo, thanks! The lentil soup idea sounds great and also like I already have everything I need!

Here's a recent thread with some answers.
https://food52.com/hotline...

byb
byb

Oh goodness, a completely identical question, I must not have searched as well as I thought. Thanks :)