🔕 🔔

A cup (or so) of canned pumpkin

I have about a cup of canned pumpkin hanging out in my fridge remaining from a batch of pumpkin muffins. My usual uses for it would be to whip up another baked good or toss it into a root vegetable pureed soup, but I wanted to reach out to others and see what wonderful ideas are out there! Anyone used canned pumpkin in a curry of some sort? Any other recommended uses? Thanks!!

asked by byb about 2 years ago

Amy

I have a "mix" of lentils that has the onion, etc in it. You add chicken stock and pumpkin puree to make a soup. Could try using it to thicken a squash soup too! Mix it in your morning oatmeal with some cinnamon, brown sugar and pecans!

53bafd96 8594 4b82 8389 e18dca45560b  the british museum
byb

Ooo, thanks! The lentil soup idea sounds great and also like I already have everything I need!

Here's a recent thread with some answers.
https://food52.com/hotline...

byb

Oh goodness, a completely identical question, I must not have searched as well as I thought. Thanks :)