🔕 🔔

Can I substitute ricotta cheese for marscapone in a ravioli recipe? And if I can is the substitution 1 to 1?

asked by andrea over 5 years ago

Yes. I mainly use marscapone in dessert
recipes that require a different texture and
taste i.e. Tiramiso. I use ricotta cheese in ravioli.

Yes. Ricotta cheese is for ravioli and use marscapone for mainly desserts i.e. Tiramiso.

If your recipe calls for mascarpone, then I'd think you could sub ricotta but perhaps give it a whirl in the blender first to make it smooth like mascarpone is. I'd also consider mixing in a bit of heavy cream.

Yum! Ricotta goes well with Italian. We mix it in our spaghetti so I'm sure it'd be delicious in ravioli.