🔕 🔔

ravioli filling too pasty

I made a ravioli filling with butternut squash and ricotta cheese, but it's too pasty. Any suggestions on what to add to make it creamy? Eggs? Thanks.

asked by bmorecharmer over 2 years ago

I used to make a lasagna with butternut squash and the filling was delicious. Lost the recipe but this one from Martha Stewart looks very like it. suggest you use her ingredient list and maybe cut the cream and eggs in half so it would be less runny than a lasagna filling. Anyway, she uses the squash, ricotta, cream, eggs, mozzarella and - for flavor punch - sage. hope this helps. http://www.marthastewart...

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

Yes, you definitely need eggs for a creamier ravioli filling. I would start with 1 large egg.