Presale! 2 new cookbooks from Food52. Claim your signed copies »
🔕 🔔

ravioli filling too pasty

I made a ravioli filling with butternut squash and ricotta cheese, but it's too pasty. Any suggestions on what to add to make it creamy? Eggs? Thanks.

asked by bmorecharmer over 1 year ago

I used to make a lasagna with butternut squash and the filling was delicious. Lost the recipe but this one from Martha Stewart looks very like it. suggest you use her ingredient list and maybe cut the cream and eggs in half so it would be less runny than a lasagna filling. Anyway, she uses the squash, ricotta, cream, eggs, mozzarella and - for flavor punch - sage. hope this helps. http://www.marthastewart...

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

Yes, you definitely need eggs for a creamier ravioli filling. I would start with 1 large egg.

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.