🔕 🔔

I made too much brandade de morue. Can I freeze some? Hate for it to go to waste. It was delicious.

asked by Robert,Suarez about 6 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I have never frozen it before but have frozen mashed potatoes and that worked well, similar not exactly the same I know. I imagine that if you make sure its packaged carefully whether in a freezer container or ziplock it would be fine to freeze. Maybe someone has done this and will see your question and shed some light but in my opinion it would be alright to freeze,

I have found that I can freeze just about anything. For something delicate like this I would put it in a ziplock and then wrap in foil and then put in a container. It may sound like too much. But it will keep away freezer burn and and smells.

5f8d7fee 22ef 49ba a6b4 360299864c3e  n3ru8figt0zk0

I feel your pain as I love brandade. I've never frozen it before. I can't imagine it being as good afterward. But it might survive. Let us know.

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

I've never frozen it either, but a good brandade is a terrible thing to waste. If the alternative languishing in the fridge and eventually getting tossed, what have you got to lose?