A question about a recipe: Nekisia Davis' Olive Oil and Maple Granola

C732943a 7ca0 41f0 a6f6 96d7cfbb4a91  food52 01 17 12 9832

Do you have to use raw pecans in this recipe?

asked by TastefullyKimS almost 7 years ago

CatalunaLilith

you're cooking the pecans during the recipe, so using roasted pecans would leave them too dry by the end of the recipe. but you can probably used pre-roasted pecans and toss them in about a minute before you pull the rest out of the oven, so the pecans just warm up a bit but don't dry out.

Thanks CatalunaLilith -- good call, I agree.

vvvanessa

Or, if you're asking if you must use pecans at all, you don't. You can substitute pretty much any other raw nut (raw for the reasons mentioned above), or you can increase the amount of seeds and coconut.