Ideas for using red pepper jelly

We received a lovely jar of red pepper jelly for Christmas. Besides the classic cream-cheese-red-pepper-jelly-crackers-or-bread combination, what are some other ideas? It's pretty good -- I could just eat it out of the jar -- but it seems as though I should put it to better use!

asked by MTMitchell almost 7 years ago

debsiegel

Baked brie! Spread it on top of a wheel of brie, wrap puff pastry or phyllo dough around it, and bake. Yummmmm.

jmburns

I have used it to glaze a pork tenderloin with great success.

I made ChezSuzanne's recipe for red pepper jam and used it on merguez sandwiches with crumbled feta, and a onion and cucumber topping. It was delicious.

MTMitchell

Yay! All great ideas and I will be trying them all. Thanks!!!

Mr_Vittles

I'd suggest using it to glaze wings for a sweet and spicy style. You may want to add a little mustard and ketchup as well, just to even out the flavor.

I just like it on toast or english muffins.

It's also good with eggrolls or dimsum.

I like the wings idea too!

Donnacita

Is it hot or sweet? Here is a fantastic recipe from Karen barker of magnolia grill in Durham, NC: http://books.google.com/books?id=muk9f6yjqYsC&pg=PA16&lpg=PA16&dq=cheddar+linzers+with+hot+pepper+jelly&source=bl&ots=8rOVfL5p2o&sig=-vW0KawUk5oXkyApKxSp9BSmsK4&hl=en&sa=X&ei=FFwnT86aOKX9iQLm1ezVAQ&ved=0CFUQ6AEwCQ

a Whole Foods Market Customer

These are great ideas. I also received red pepper jelly for the holidays, so the suggestions come at a good time. thanks!

Helen's All Night Diner

My husband makes PBJ's with my homemade hot pepper jelly....

Sara Branscum

I enjoy a little of it with a grilled or pan broiled beef steak.

Use it with sour cream (a variation on the cream cheese) on top of potato (and/or other root vegetable) pancakes or on hashbrowns.
Nice for brunch, as a side dish for eggs.

Bevi

My first foray was pouring a whole jar over a block of cream cheese, back in the late 70s. You can do that with a log of goat cheese. Also, spread a layer into a grilled cheese sandwich.