2 (!) new cookbooks from Food52—comin' atchya. Shop the presale »
🔕 🔔

How do I cook pomegranate?

Peeling pomegranate?

asked by nettoya almost 5 years ago

I agree with the other cook on how to peel using water. Pomegranate arils are a great addition to many cold dishes such as salad. It would probably be a great addition to a Tuscan kale salad. You can even find pomegranate vinegar to make a great dressing. I love to add it to my cereal in the morning. By the way, pomegranates store whole for more than a month. After removing the arils, they maybe dried with a paper towel and stored in a paper towel lined bowl covered with plastic wrap for several days.

I cut the pomegranate crosswise and beat the skin side with the back of a spoon and they fall right out. You have to separate the white part from the anrils I also use pomegranate molasses It is Turkish. Has a nice tart flavor.

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.