🔕 🔔

I'm just 9years old does a cucumber change into a pickle or not my friends say but ,I don't I just forgot if its true u know

asked by a Whole Foods Market Customer over 5 years ago

Pickles are made from cucumbers, but you can also make pickles from other things. Maybe you have not had picked carrots or green beans, but I bet the store you are in sells them. You can also make them. It's easy. Just canning them is the more complicated part.

2b00435b fe24 44bb afe2 ad3364f28f79  1390710 10151917400148928 1193325941 n 1

Pickling, is the process of aging an ingredient in a solution (liquid) that is high in acidity (sour flavor) and salinity (saltiness). It is a fairly complex process, that can allow the user (eater) a much longer time table in which the pickled food is edible. It can be done fast (pickled onions) or slow (pickled cucumbers), and as nutcakes said, it really is quite simple to pickle your own foods. Vegetables, fruits, even protein (eggs, in this case) can be pickled, and as a result their flavor will become more sour.

Also you use little cucumbers to make pickles, not the big ones that you would chop up to use in a salad.