🔕 🔔

Can I safely bottle my homemade bloody Mary mix? I thought it would be a great Christmas gift!

I thought doing it like I pickle my cucumbers, but would boiling the mix change the consistency?

asked by Jessica,Evans almost 6 years ago

397bc6d3 46e8 4d02 8a39 ce4a087eb481  2015 0609 amanda portrait 135

Yes -- it's essentially a seasoned canned tomato. The flavor will change slightly, but I wouldn't worry too much, and the canning should work if you process it like you do tomato sauce. Great gift idea!

Awesome thanks so much. I think I'm going to make a basket out of it and put some olives, caper berries, and homemade spicy dilly beans! Yumo!