🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Jim Lahey's No-Knead Pizza Dough

I have a question about the recipe "Jim Lahey's No-Knead Pizza Dough" from Genius Recipes. I am a little apprehensive about puting my pizza stone so close to the broiler. I usally heat the stone on the bottom rack at 500 degrees for 30-45 minutes. The same way I'm hesitant to use the stone on my gas Weber grill, I think so close to the broiler would also be high enough heat to crack the stone. My stone is 1/2" thick and have used it for years. Hate to lose it.

asked by mcnyca over 5 years ago

2b00435b fe24 44bb afe2 ad3364f28f79  1390710 10151917400148928 1193325941 n 1

Preheat the stone, on the top rack. If the stone is good, then your stone won't crack. Honestly, if you are worried about worry stone, keep in the middle. You won't get as good of results, but your stone will be safer. I use cast iron so it is not as big of a worry for me, just make sure it was adegqute (i.e. 45 minutes) to preheat, start it when the oven is cold.